Monday, June 23, 2014

HIIIIIIIIIII i love you all. More and more every day. 


Pre- CANADA DAY
This week was incredible to say the least. Like the best week of my life :) 
On the first day of summer I was in snow boots...then I got a call from Sister Hendrickson telling me that Emmeline is getting baptized next Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so so excited and am going to ask President if I can skype in.. I'm not sure if i told you much about Emmeline but she is amazing. She is 16 years old (in Fredericton btw) and attends church every week with her mom but she is not a member because her dad wouldn't let her get baptized and he was teaching her all of these anti lessons but she finally got permission. She is so strong and patient and I am so happy for her. The Hendrickson's are driving out there for the baptism - i wish they could take me with them!!! So that was the best news ever.


Then our cute investigator Elaine came to church!!!! And she is on date for July 26. Our lessons with her have been so powerful. Elaine is in her 50's, she smokes and loves her 3 cats. She is so humble and sweet. She has a strong desire to follow Christ and she loves reading the Book of Mormon. She was just moving into her house when we found her so she had boxes covering almost every inch and cat hair covering everything else. Her place was a mess and she kept telling us that she was in "disarray" (but she kept pronouncing it desire - like the name SO CUTE)..the apartment smelled strongly of smoke the first time we taught her but as we have gone back it is miraculous to see the simple changes. The Spirit truly can be felt in the tiny living room. She dug out her only purple dress and was so excited to come to church. She doesn't have any minutes left on her pone so we can't call her to confirm any of our appointments (and she lives 15 minutes away in Pictou) or to make sure she was ready for church but every lesson went through and she was waiting for her ride to pick her up on Sunday morning. I have so much love for her. It is amazing how much you can love a person when you think of her as a precious daughter of our Heavenly Father, When you try to see her as Christ does. Truly the worth of every soul is great in the sight of God.

Another miracle came as we taught elaine one rainy afternoon. I was testifying to her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and I felt the Spirit so strongly testifying more to ME that the things I was saying are true. SO TRUE. It was a beautiful experience and I am thankful that my testimony grows every time I share it. 

Heavenly Father is aware of us. We talk to so many people who don't believe in Him at all and some even say mean things which pierces my very soul because I KNOW that he is there. There is nothing that anyone can say that will make me think otherwise. I am so grateful to know that there is something bigger than us out there. Who is watching over us and sending us help. He loves you and me and emmeline and elaine SO much. He does all that He can to help us succeed and we simply have to help him by doing our part - choosing the right and LOVING HIM!

There is so much potential here in New Glasgow and I love it. Sister Drew is doing great - i love her too. She is hilarious and could quote movies ALL DAY LONG.

I'm so thankful that I am learning things I didn't even know I was missing. I'm grateful that the Atonement allows me to change my nature so that I can be better and more Christlike every day. I'm so grateful to be part of the gathering of Israel - on the front lines!! I couldn't ask to be part of anything greater. There is an incredible talk in the ensign this month by Elder Holland - he explains that Zion is no longer WHERE we live but HOW we live. Elder Holland says, "When Christ comes he should find us doing our best, trying to live the Gospel, trying to improve our lives and our church and our society the best we can. When he comes I so want to be caught living the Gospel, I want to be surprised right in the act of spreading the faith and doing something good. I want the Savior to say to me, 'GRACE, I recognize you not by your title but by your life, the way you are trying to live and the standards you are trying to defend. I see the integrity of your heart. I know you have tried to make things better first and foremost by being better yourself and then by declaring my work and defending my Gospel to others in the most compassionate way you could.' He will certainly add, ' I know you weren't always successful with your own sins and with the circumstances of others, but I believe you honestly tried. I believe in your heart you truly loved me.' "
I LOVE THAT!! I don't only want to preach of Christ, I want to live like He did. I am so grateful that we have this life to prepare to meet Him. And I hope just like Elder Holland that he will catch me in the act of spreading the Gospel and helping someone out. Making the world a better place. Don't you?? 

My mission is full of moments that take my breath away..I am truly happy.
Thanks for your love and prayers and for being alive because you are my heroes. 
Miss you!
Love, GCG 

Oh and of course there were weird, frightening hilarious moments too - like when a friendly smoker man told us that "they are getting smarter sending pretty girls to the door and not two men in suits. ALL the guys will answer!!" umm thanks....? And another old Irish Catholic man kept calling us the "morons" - he told us that the lady up the street used to call all of the neighbors and inform them that "the morons are coming up the street!" hahaha then he casually gave both of us a big kiss on the cheek..frighteningly close to my mouth. SO that was fun!! All is well. Good times. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment