Monday, February 23, 2015

Talking To God





Hiiiiii 

I'll here are some pictures that give you a glimpse of what happened when the sun finally came out after the storm. It's pretty cool to see the HUGE mountains of snow every where. When you walk down the side walk it's like you are actually walking through a tunnel of snow :) 

Yesterday was a sad day because we had to say goodbye to the Lockhart's...they are driving home to Utah this week. Mom you will have to go see them when they get home!! They served so faithfully and are such great examples to me. The world needs senior missionaries!! 

We had some incredible lessons this week!! Walter is doing so well. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he wondered why more people don't know about it!! He was so amazed at the way it made him feel. He kept telling us that he has a strange feeling about everything. And then he clarified. "It's a strange GOOD feeling. I can't describe it, it's just the way I feel" I am so grateful that the Spirit of God works through us and all people to testify of truth and to help us recognize that we did live before we were born and that we can live with God again someday! We also taught Paul the Restoration. It was the last lesson that the Lockhart's taught on their mission and it was so powerful. I am not sure a lesson has been more smooth on my entire mission. My favorite part about the Restoration is testifying that Joseph Smith did see God and Jesus Christ. That God CALLED HIM BY HIS NAME "JOSEPH." God knows our names and He loves us. I am thankful for the statement that Joseph made "For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." Each of us can receive our own divine witness from the Spirit of God and if we do WE CAN NEVER DENY IT. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. I know that He did see God and Jesus Christ and I know that Christ's church, it it's fulness has been restored to the earth. I know this because I have asked and God has answered my prayer.

I recently read in Mosiah 5:13 "For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" I have thought a lot about this question. How can we know God unless we serve Him? How can we know God if we do not keep His commandments? How can we know God if we do not strive to learn of Him and become like Him?

This week I have learned a little bit more about HOW. HOW we can come to know God better. In mission leadership council we discussed miracles and faith. I love when Nephi teaches us that the "tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen" God works miracles in each of our lives every day but it is up to us to notice them. When we do - our faith increases. After district meeting my impression was that I need to "talk to God" when I pray. I need to visualize seeing His face. And focusing enough to counsel with Him and listen to Him. As I have tried to do this, my prayers have become more sincere. I really mean what I say and I feel humbled and grateful that God, the creator of heaven and earth, allows us to talk to Him. In turn I have gained a stronger desire to serve Him so I can know Him better. When we serve others we learn to love them. 

Sister Renda and I have been waking up early every morning to run OUTSIDE. I am grateful that she encourages me and motivates me. It feels so good to wake up and run - the best way to start the day!! I am grateful for my health. I am grateful for this beautiful place that I get to live. I am grateful for the privilege to serve God and to know Him better every day. I am grateful to teach others about our Savior Jesus Christ who makes everything possible in our lives. I am grateful for all of you and pray that you will feel happy and loved because you ARE. 

Even amid the business of the world and our daily lives, take time to serve and take time to pray. When we lose ourselves for the sake of the Savior - we find true JOY. I love you all so much.

LOVE, SISTER G



Saying goodbye to the Lockhart's
I love Sister Renda - she makes me run!

No comments:

Post a Comment