Monday, September 8, 2014

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT...

WOW I FEEL SO LOVED
I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE BIRTHDAY WISHES. 
MY HEART COULD BURST. 
 Thank you for the letters and packages - they make a missionary SO SO SO happy :0

Because I had so many emails to read I am almost out of time but thank you!! 

My birthday was one I will never forget. 

The weather was perfect, it felt like fall. 

I woke up and got ready and opened my cute package from mom..then I hurried and changed my clothes before studies ;) after we studied Sister Drew called to wish me a happy birthday - that made me so happy. It was so good to hear her voice - she is doing great in Fredericton!! 

Then we walked to church because we had been asked to do a car fast (don`t drive the car for a day) and Sunday was the only time we could do it. 

It was also fast Sunday..DOUBLE FAST- and I was very thankful for that. 


We left our apartment and found that the other sisters had decorated the truck with hearts and birthday wishes, it was darling!! 

When we arrived at church Brother Hodder (the cutest old man on the planet) and Brother Smith sang me a quick happy birthday. 

Then I was able to bear my testimony during sacrament meeting. I talked about how much I love the Book of Mormon - how so many prayers can be answered through it and how it has changed my life. Later we walked home and visited Sister Wilson who lives in a nursing home. After that we got to knock and then walked to the McKinnon`s for supper - they are an amazing family in the branch. Sister McKinnon put 20 candles on a birthday cake which I struggled to blow out and we had a lovely time. Later we did some more knocking and lots of walking. 


We returned home EXHAUSTED AND HAPPY!! It was an amazing day. 

This week went fast - like all of the other weeks. We found two new investigators. Glennis, a sweet old lady from England who we met street contacting. She invited us to her house immediately when we told her about the Plan of Salvation. She has lost several loved ones recently and needs to know that she will see them again. We had a great lesson and she sent us home with fresh, ripe peaches!! Joe is our other new investigator. he is excited to learn about the Book of Mormon and how it can bless his young family. He had two kids and is very humble and willing to learn. 

I have been thinking a lot about how life is full of joy and sorrow, pain and frustration, happiness and learning opportunities. 
Some people lose themselves in the business of the world around us. 
Or they can`t find their way out of the darkness they are surrounded by due to sins and mistakes. 
Or they go through hard things and they turn away from God rather than toward Him. 
OF COURSE life is not easy - if there was no opposition there would be no purpose for existence..in fact we would NOT exist but lucky for us, we GET TO!!! 
SO whatever happens good or bad - it`s up to us to decide how it affects us. 

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT. 
If you want to be happy, you will be. 
 If you want to be sad, you will be.

God wants us to be happy. He weeps with us when we suffer and rejoices when we do what is right. Because of Jesus Christ we can always make it through, we can walk the higher road WITH Him. Choose today to serve Him and love Him and trust in Him and be HAPPY.

I love you and l am so thankful for you. Thank you for inspiring me and helping me become the person that I am. 

Have the greatest week. XOXO BYE

LOVE SISTER G  


No comments:

Post a Comment