Sunday, June 14, 2015

Scatterbrained

My new companion Sister Hardy
Hi <3 
Hope you all had a wonderful last week of school!! 


So the transfer has begun. My new companion is Sister Hardy. She is from Billings, Montana. She has blond hair like me  she is a softball player. She doesn't like fruits or vegetables and she still can't really say my name (it's a hard one  I think she is going to teach me a lot. We will have fun together. She was very nervous when I took her out knocking for the first time. I had a flashback to 17 months ago when I was driving in the car to Fredericton with Sister Lewis..she was telling me what she had planned for the rest of the day. All I heard was, "then we are going to go knocking" and I thought, "Oh no. Seriously? We are going to go knock on a random person's door and talk to them about the gospel??" YES WE WERE! Oh if I only knew.. I WAS SO SCARED!! Haha. But those uncomfortable moments are the moments when we grow. My testimony has been strengthened with each door I have knocked on. And now I really love it. I don't think Sister Hardy likes it much right now but all things get better in time!


We saw a few amazing miracles this week. It was a sacrament meeting I hope to remember forever. We were greeting members when I noticed the less active FAMILY that we have been working with walked into the chapel!! My heart was so full. As I sat by them I felt a little bit like Alma and the sons of Mosiah when they returned from their missions and were so happy to see each other again after all that they had endured. "Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God." Everything just felt right. We were all supposed to be there at church together - that's where we belonged. The spirit was strong. 


Then Amanda bore her testimony about family history and the temple. She told of the experience she had had with her Grandma - how it had changed her life and helped her find her testimony again. It was such a powerful witness of the truth.


We have several lessons set up for this week - I'm pretty excited. I love it here. I have decided to focus on charity for the next six weeks. I know that if we "have not charity we are nothing" and when we love people they can feel it. Loving them makes all of the difference in their lives. As I have tried to forget about myself and just LOVE more deeply, the conversations we have are so much better. I know that these people need this. They might not know that they do but I KNOW. And even if they are hard to love, God loves them. And I love God and I know that He has called me to do His work and to be His hands and to love His children so because I love Him, I can love them also. We all have weakness, we are all trying. When "love of God and our neighbor rules the world" that's when the work moves forward. That's when our natures change and we begin to fulfill the measure of our creation. 


I have been reading and studying so many wonderful talks and I want to share ALL of them but for now I will just leave you with a few quotes..hopefully they will apply to someone somewhere..These are from Lawrence E. Corbridge


"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you,
every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every
temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you opportunity to respond by
applying in your life the teachings of Jesus. As you do so you are changed to become more like Him."

"The purpose and central blessing of life is change. It is to be changed to become more like Jesus Christ. It
is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of His character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence
and capacity to the next, and from there to the next, until you see God face to face and know Him as He knows
you."


"In the end, your heart and your will is all that you have to give that the Lord does not already have. If you
give your time, two years, and your strength, you give only that which He grants to you with each beat of your
heart and each breath that you draw. If you dedicate your gifts and talents, you only return to Him what He
already has given to you. If you pay tithing you only return to Him a tenth of what he has already given to you.
Everything that you have to give to the Lord, has its origin in Him, except one thing: your will. He does not have
your heart, nor your mind, unless you give them to Him. It is the only gift you have to offer that He does not
already have. And so when you give yourself, you truly give everything to Him."


"The only wav to win is to lose. Lose yourself in the Lord's work, and you will win beyond your
wildest imaginations, for "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the
things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (I Cor 2:9)."


"It is easier to walk with the Lord than it is to labor against
Him."


This week is President and Sister Leavitt's last zone conference..and mine. I am looking forward to it.


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!! I hope you have the best day!!! Thank you for being my hero. You'll never know how much I love you and how much I look up to you. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have you as my mom. HAVE FUN AT DISNEYLAND (if your are going that day 


BYE BYE LOVE YOU ALL!
Love, Sister G
everyone in Canada has a cat!





No comments:

Post a Comment