Monday, June 15, 2015

The Power Is In You

green food for her "green companion"

Hi people!!!
Sounds like things are going well. Hope you are having lots of fun in the sun - we are!!!!


I don't have much time today, we are leaving in a few minutes to drive to Halifax to pick up our new companion!! We are going to be in a trio (woot woot 3X the fun!!) But I still wanted to write and give you a quick update. It has been an amazing week. I'm sorry to keep bringing up the mosquitos but we just learned that all of the bats in Nova Scotia contracted some disease or fungus and they all died. Therefore they are not here to eat twice their weight in mosquitos...therefore we get eaten ALIVE!! I can't even describe how many attack us when we are out. We were at a door and one landed on me face..the guy almost smacked it off!! Oh dear. It's itchy (I told you that my mosquito bites never itch..I lied. Stinking Canadian mosquitos).


On Monday we were at a dinner appointment and because my companion is a "greenie" they fed us an ENTIRELY green meal..green water, green butter, green rolls, green coleslaw, green turnips, green mashed potatoes and green beans. The only thing that was not green was the chicken..the whole time we were eating I was thinking "mind over matter, mind over matter." My mind was saying - no one should ever eat anything this green. It was an experience!!


We found a new investigator named Korona!! She lives on base and has the cutest three year old son. She is searching for a church and realizes that so many religions today "draw near to God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him" She is fascinated by the Book of Mormon. It has been fun teaching her. 


We had zone conference on Wednesday and I got to see Sister Curtis!!!!! That was awesome. It was an amazing meeting. The Spirit was strong. To be brief I want to share what President Leavitt testified of. He shared Doctrine and Covenants 58: 26-28  


26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.


 27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;


 28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.

He pointed out that the POWER IS IN US. Because of our agency we can do and be anything that we want to be. The choice is ours - we can choose Christ and become young men and women of great faith. 


I finished the Book of Mormon this morning and read this verse (Moroni 10:23) "And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me." In order for us to access the power that is within us we must have faith! Faith in Christ and His promises. Faith in the power of the Atonement. Faith that Christ can turn our weaknesses into strengths. Faith that we can one day live with God again. When we have faith we can do ANYTHING! 


I love knowing that their is DIVINE POWER coursing through our veins. We have the power and freedom to choose who we will become. Our potential is limitless.


 "Choose your goals. Work towards them! Direct your thoughts. Control your emotions. Get into action, and you ordain your destiny. Daily Decisions Determine Destiny"


FINALLY I JUST WANT TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB LANE!!! I can't believe you are 16. I'm a little freaked out that you could be driving me around when I come home...hope you know that I love you. I miss laughing with you. You're the best "little" (who is not that little) brother in the world!!! 


Also happy birthday to Camille and Nana, Chris and Christian this week!! Love you!
AND HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!! I'm writing you a letter today dad. I can't thank you enough for setting such a strong example and helping me learn who I can become. Thanks for working hard, thanks for making me laugh, thanks for cheering me on. Love you to the moon and back. 


I love you all!!!
BYE FOR NOW.
Love, Sister G 




Our apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment