I can't remember if I've already used that title for a different email but even if I did..I'm still standing here all amazed..I am amazed by the goodness of God. I am amazed by His tender mercies and the miracles that NEVER CEASE. I am amazed at the love Jesus offers me.
We have been focusing on miracles this week as a zone. Miracles that will help us fortify our faith. As a companionship, instead of praying that we would see miracles in our own lives, we prayed that we might be the means of bringing miracles into the lives of others. And oh how Heavenly Father answered our prayers. I want to just name a few.
1. We felt inspired that we needed to teach our recent convert about tithing. She hadn't been paying a full tithe mainly due to a lack of understanding (which we didn't know before the lesson). As we taught and bore testimony, the spirit touched her heart. She was so excited to begin paying a full tithe. She knew it would be difficult because her job was recently eliminated and she didn't have much money coming in. But she realized that paying her tithing "was the only intelligent thing to do." Yesterday she bore her testimony of the miracles she had seen because she paid a full tithe. A check came in the mail from her previous job that she hadn't expected! She was glowing with the Spirit and was so happy.
2. Kaitlin is an investigator that we haven't been able to see for a long time. We sent her a mormon message this week and she told us that it made her cry. It was exactly what she needed to hear.
3. We were knocking one afternoon and saw some people outside (down a different street) - I recognized the house as a former investigator's who we had never been able to make contact with so we went over to talk to them. Paulette is suffering through cancer right now but told us she would love to meet with us. She has strong faith and wants to know how she can live with her granddaughter (who means everything to her) forever.
4. We went to visit another former who was running out the door and needed help carrying food out to her car for a supper she was hosting SO WE WERE ABLE TO HELP! She had a great experience with missionaries in the past but they had suddenly stopped coming and she didn't know why. She said she would be open to learning more.
5. We met a single father named Mitch. We knocked an entire street and he was the only one who answered (well actually he was outside so he couldn't escape but he would have answered had we knocked)..he has a five year old daughter and it was easy to tell that he had a lot on his mind. He was struggling. We told him who we were and what we do. We told him that we share a book of scripture called the Book of Mormon that has all the answers to the deep questions of life. He is so excited to meet with us on Tuesday!!
6. We were able to teach Sylvia and her friend Tammy, whose mom is dying of cancer. The Spirit was very strong in our lesson. They are both amazing people. We helped them understand that God is not simply an energy in the universe but our Father with a body of flesh and bone. That He loves us and will answer our prayers through the Holy Ghost. We texted them later to follow up and see how they were doing. Sylvia told us that we opened her eyes to a whole new perspective. She enjoyed our visit so much that she can hardly wait to see us on Tuesday.
7. We are working through the branch list and trying to find/contact all of the people that we know nothing about. Last night we decided to message one on facebook - all we knew about Stefan is that he moved to Kentville. Long story short he told us that he hasn't been to church in 3 or 4 years but that he still has a strong testimony. He felt bad going to church because he hasn't been living the word of wisdom. He said that he really wants the elders to come over and teach him and his non-member fiancée. They both want to stop smoking. Then they want to get married and one day go to the temple. He thanked us for reaching out and said that he knew his prayers would eventually be answered. MIRACLE OF A LIFETIME!!
I am so happy.
It was a good week to say the least. We had zone conference on Thursday and met President and Sister Pratt. THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! They are the most kind, gentle people in the world. They both grew up in Utah but have been living in Florida for the last 30 years. It is amazing to see how the Lord works - I know that all of our leaders are inspired and they are given the strength and Spirit that they need to fulfil their calling.
Canada day was strange...there were NO people out. So it just felt like a normal day but we had fun!!
I just want to bear you my testimony that "the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom He hath chosen because of their faith.." As we seek to draw closer to the Lord we truly can be instruments in His hands. The joy that will come into our lives is overwhelming. I know that in order to overcome the evils of the world around us we must wake up every morning and put on the whole "armour of God" - we must fortify ourselves through prayer and scripture study so that we can have the power of God on our side. Without it, we will crumble under the pressures, temptations and evils of the world in which we are now living. I testify of the light and joy and hope that fills our hearts as we learn of the true nature and character of God, that He is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that this is Christ's true church - the only true church on the earth and the only church with the power and authority to save us. This is the road to eternal happiness, God knows us..each of us..He loves us and therefore leads us through a living Prophet and 12 Apostles. I know that their words are the anchors we need to stay secure in the world of shifting values that we live in. We are blessed beyond comprehension.
I hope you feel my love and prayers. I hope you know how grateful I am for my family and friends. And how grateful I will be for the rest of my life for this mission - it has my heart.
YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE!!
I'll see you next week!!! Love you!