Monday, May 19, 2014

BIG NEWS...

Saying goodbye to Sister Kadish
HELLO PEOPLE - So guess what? 
I'm leaving Fredericton..I will be heading to New Glasgow, Nova Scotia!!! I am going to be training a new missionary in a NEW area. 

It will be the only area with 4 sisters. Our district is composed of 6 sisters and 2 elders - we are taking over!!! But I couldn't be more excited or grateful for this call. I am humbled and a little nervous but I know that President Leavitt is inspired and I am thankful that the Lord trusts me enough to give me this opportunity to learn and grow. Sister Turner is leaving too!! She is going to Halifax to be a sister training leader with Sister Starkie - which is awesome, she will be amazing and I am excited for her. So that's the big news :) we have a lot to do to get ready to leave but it will be great and stressful - nothing new!!

We both had the opportunity to speak in church yesterday so that was a lovely way to end our stay. We spoke on the Savior. Sister Turner focused on grace and the Atonement and I focused more on coming closer to Christ - finding out who he is? What he taught us? How we can be witnesses of Him and show our love? And why we each need a Savior? I will now share a few of my thoughts - and would invite each of you to answer these questions for yourself? ( When you get a minute - or now..personal study woot woot)

Who is Christ? 
Our Savior - 2 Nephi 25:23 - HE SAVES US after all we can do. He makes up the difference. 
Our friend - John 15:13 
He is our light - John 12:46
He is our perfect example - 3 Nephi 12:48 - why does he ask us to be perfect when we are human and so far from perfection? Because he sees our full potential. He knows what we are capable of and so he expects our very best. Even greatness. 
He is our protector, our comforter and our guide.
He is the rock upon which we must build our foundation - Helaman 5:12
He is our advocate with the Father - D&C 45: 3-5
And he is the only one who know EXACTLY how you feel - Alma 7:12

When we come to know Christ we realize that He truly is our everything!!

What can I learn from Him?
HIS GOSPEL. Faith, repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End.
We can learn the importance of doing the little things. Reading our scriptures, saying our prayers, bearing testimony, seeing the good and growth that comes from trials, and coming to know and recognize the voice of the Holy Ghost.
We can learn our purpose in life. We can learn to love unconditionally. To withstand temptation. To be patient and humble and kind. To faithfully endure, to never give up. To forgive. And to serve.

Why do I need a Savior?
Because I make mistakes and I sin and I need to be forgiven.
When we feel weak and inadequate he can strengthen us and save us (Ether 12:27).
We need to feel loved and accepted for who we are.
We need someone to listen.
Someone we can trust.
Someone to stand by us through everything.
Someone to turn to in our darkest hour.
Someone who knows perfectly what we are going through.
We need a path to follow and a way to get back home - He is the way. The path is before us. 

How Can I share my witness and love for the Savior?
Be a missionary - someone once said to me - it is not enough to simply wear Christ's name above your heart. You must PAINT it on your heart. And so it is with each of us. We are members of Christ's church. We must represent Him at all times and in all things. His name must be painted on our hearts. We must also LIVE OUR FAITH. Elder Nelson said this past conference " Day after day, on your path toward your eternal destiny, increase your faith. Proclaim your faith! Let your faith show!"

I love my Savior. I am thankful that I get to be HIS disciple. I'm thankful that I can change and become more like Him every day. I'm thankful that through Him and His atonement I can become stronger and greater and happier than I could ever be on my own. I'm thankful that He understands me and I'm thankful that I have trials because they bring me closer to Him. I know this is His church. I know that only through Him can we return to the presence of God. I know that He lives and is mindful of each of us. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that as we study the Book of Mormon we can know perfectly that Christ is our Redeemer. I hope that we can all commit to living like Christ did. Bearing our testimonies and helping everyone around us come unto Him - and feel His Atoning power in their lives. 

I love you all.
Sister Turner and Sister Nash - Love them!
This week was good. The sun came out and we even took our tights off. Our legs are extremely white but that's ok - we are happy (except it's raining today)..

I had a flashback to crazy horse when we tried to ride our bikes up the HUGE hill to our apartment. Such a struggle, in a dress and yeah bad memories hahahha jk
There was a baptism yesterday - Richard is a 13 year old boy with a less active mom who has started coming back to church!! The Heninger's taught him. It was a wonderful day and the Spirit was strong. It was sad saying bye to all the people I love here but I am looking forward to a new adventure, new lessons and trials. Change is so great because it allows us to stretch ourselves so we can grow. 

THANKS FOR BEING MY BEST FRIENDS AND EXAMPLES. I LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU HAVE AN INCREDIBLE WEEK. TELL EVERYONE YOU SEE THAT I LOVE THEM. Wish me luck packing.....bye

Love, Sister G (closer to the sea - in New Glasgow)

No comments:

Post a Comment