Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"You're gonna Miss This...."

HIIIIII 
There are so many things I could say about everything that is going on in the world and at home but I just want everyone to remember that 
life is hard. 

It is never easy and we knew that. 

We wanted so badly to come to earth so that we could gain a body and CHANGE. 

To be worthy enough to live in the presence of God who is our perfect Father. 

I hope everyone takes a minute to smile. To close their eyes and step out of the world for a minute. Read your favorite scripture. Tell someone that they are loved and that they have divine potential. 

Look at the BIG picture. 

Always strive to please God not man because God knows and loves you more than anyone else. Don't let Satan make you angry or sad or frustrated or prideful - none of those feeling ever come from God. I love you all and I love being on a mission so so much. It is saving me. Please read Moroni 7:12-17 God simply invites us to do GOOD continually. I love you all. I want you to know that I pray for you and EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK!!!!





So here is the news..I am staying in New Glasgow and Sister Drew is leaving to my home in Fredericton!!!!!!!! I am so happy for her but so sad that she is leaving me. My new companion will be Sister Christensen who was in a trio with Sister Turner and I for a little while. It will teach me a lot and help me grow and I am grateful. I know that my work here is not done and I am so excited because we are seeing such wonderful things happen!! Every time Sister Drew does something funny that drives me insane she just sings that song by (I can't remember) it goes - "you're gonna miss this...you're gonna want this back..." hahahaha she kills me. And I will miss her. 

We have the cutest investigator name Alyssia - she is 17 years old. We met her on the street one day and later that week we gave her a church tour and taught her the Restoration. She had a lot of question about heaven and hell and if the Atonement really can make up for any sin. I felt so happy when I was able to testify that Christ suffered and died for every sin..every mistake..every heartbreak or frustration. He covered it. And helping her see that no matter what she has done, no matter how low she has felt. Christ can walk with her through it. Baptism can cleanse her and help her turn a new page. We didn't get to meet with her this week but she has been texting us and asking for more passages in the Book of Mormon that she can read. She says that her life has felt so different, so peaceful since she has been reading and praying and visiting with us. It is such a beautiful thing to witness, the power of the Atonement changing peoples lives. 

The man I told you about last week - that we met on the bench - he loves being called Brother Edwards, we have had two amazing lessons with him. It is hard because he is very involved in his church. He works as the sound technician so he has to be there every week but he has opened up to us and has such a desire to learn. We invited him to be baptized and he said that he needed to think about it because all of this is so new to him. He wants a sure answer from God and we shared with him the scripture in 2 Nephi 28:30 that explains how we learn line upon line - wouldn't you want more wisdom from God if He was willing to give it to you? We are simply adding such amazing promises and knowledge to the truths that he already cherishes. Everything makes so much sense to him. He wants to change because of Jesus Christ. He wants to stop smoking, he wants to do what is right. I am so thankful that we get to help him. 

This week is going to be a crazy one. Lots of goodbyes and packing and hard work. It is starting to get a little bit cold again but I'm actually excited. BRING ON THE TORRENTIAL RAIN!!! I love new challenges and new experiences that make me grow. I am thankful that Heavenly Father knows me and knows that I needed this mission. This time to give my life - my heart and soul to Him and His great cause. The salvation of the human race. It is so important and I love it. I love all of you. I miss you and hope you have the best week ever. Talk to you l8er. BYYEEE 

And good luck on your mission Theo - you will be such an amazing light to all those you meet. 

Love, Sister Gochnour

No comments:

Post a Comment