Monday, December 22, 2014

he is the light, the life and the hope of the world


 I can't believe I get to see your beautiful faces this week - I canNOT wait. 

God has been so good to us this week. I am truly grateful. We have witnessed countless "christmas miracles." 

We found three new investigators, almost all of our plans went through EVERY DAY, 

We fasted with our investigator Jim to help him overcome his anxiety, 

We had a dinner appointments almost every night, the weather is so nice (no, there is not a lot of snow and it is supposed to be +7 degrees and raining on Christmas but to be honest - I can't complain. Being warm makes me happy :)), and 

We have begun setting our new year's resolutions which has never been so much fun. I LOVE SETTING GOALS!! 


Sister Coleman and I have memorized "The Living Christ" and we recite it every morning. What a beautiful testimony to our Savior. I am humbled and grateful to know that God loves us so much that He sent his only begotten son, to die for us, that we might have everlasting life. As I go out every day i strive to remember all that my Savior has done for me and all that He has promised to do for those who believe in Him and "come unto Him." It doesn't matter how many mistakes we have made, or how far from his light we think we are - His love never changes. He is our creator and our protector. He is our advocate with the Father - he will plead our cause before Him. He is our perfect example - "Though sinless He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness." Truly He lives. His church has been restored to the earth. And we are a part of it. Because of Him we can live with our families forever. Because of Him we can progress eternally. Because of Him we can find true joy.

I was reading in the December ensign and loved this - from President Uchtdorf -

"Think of the simple yet dignified way our Heavenly Father chose to honor the birth of His Son. On that holy night, angels appeared not to the rich but to shepherds. The Christ child was born not in a mansion but in a manger. He was wrapped not in silk but in swaddling clothes.
The simplicity of that first Christmas foreshadowed the life of the Savior. Though He had created the earth, walked in realms of majesty and glory, and stood at the right hand of the Father, He came to earth as a helpless child. His life was a model of modest nobility, and He walked among the poor, the sick, the downcast, and the heavy laden.
Though He was a king, He cared neither for the honors nor the riches of men. His life, His words, and His daily activities were monuments of simple yet profound dignity."
Christ came to the earth to do the will of the Father. He was exactly obedient. He never thought of himself, he did not seek for the honors of men.... 

"And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." (1 nephi 19:9) He loves us so much.

So we must choose to follow Him. To be more like Him. I am so thankful that for 18 months I get to represent Him. "To stand as a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of His great and marvellous latter-day work." 

I love you all. I am so thankful for your love and support and prayers. They truly are being answered. We are witnessing miracles. I love you and miss you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Love, Sister G





No comments:

Post a Comment