Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Profound Peace

Cleaning the Font
Hi family!! 

It sounds like you are having a GREAT spring break!! Disneyland and the Duke game - WOW!

I don't know where to start. This week was SO incredible. On Tuesday we went to the temple. It seemed that the adversary was actively striving to keep us from the temple. We woke up at 4 in the morning and left at 5 on our 2 1/2 hour drive to the temple - the session was at 8. HUGE snowflakes were falling fast, the wind was blowing and the roads were very slick and dangerous (#winterinthemaritimes). I was saying a silent prayer nearly the whole drive there. We made it just in time. I can't express the joy and the peace that I felt as I sat in the Celestial room with so many faithful missionaries. It was a slice of Heaven and I felt like my heart would burst. As I prayed, I felt great peace and hope in the future, I felt an assurance that I am where I am supposed to be. I felt that our Savior was close to us. That He works side by side us every day as we invite others to come unto Him. That was one of my favorite talks in conference. Hearing President Monson testify of the profound peace that comes from attending the temple. WE NEED THE TEMPLE.

The rest of the week was busy and exciting as we prepared for the three baptisms on Sunday. Easter morning the sun was shining - I loved reading the account of Christ's resurrection in the gospels of Luke and John during companionship study. What a truly glorious and sacred day it was. Sister Renda had spent the morning baking cinnamon rolls for the linger longer, the whole apartment was filled with the smell of sweet cinnamon. Jeremy and Walter and Connor looked great and nervous. After an amazing first session of Conference, the baptism began. The Spirit was strong as my companions sang the primary song "When I Am Baptized" and I thought back to that day, several years ago when Jordyn and I sat together in the stake center the night that we entered into that covenant with God. That was the happiest day of my life. Everything went smoothly, besides the large spider that crawled across the font while Walter was being baptized that made a few people scream..After the baptisms, Jeremy and Walter were so happy. I could see their countenances filled with light. They both have such great hope and faith in the future and I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for them.

It was a day I will never forget, nor will I forget all of the miracles we witnessed leading up to that day. I have seen the hand of Lord through every footstep, every moment - HE IS THERE.

I loved so many of the talks from Conference. It is almost impossible to choose a favorite - when Sister Curtis asked me this morning which I liked best I basically went through all of them and told her what I learned..they are ALL my favorite!! The greatest feelings I had were deep gratitude for my Savior and for a living Prophet. My desire to defend the Church and those who lead us. The importance of FAMILY. The joy of gaining spiritual knowledge and so many more. 

My favorite quote - 
Nelson Mandela "A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying." It's so true. And luckily because of the Atonement we can keep trying. Over and over again. I am so grateful THAT HE LIVES. 

Study the talks. Apply them. And you will be happy.

I love you all soo much!! I hope you have the best week.

Love, Sister G 


Me and Sister Renda 
Sister Hoy and me
Walter, Alan and Melinda and me
April in Amherst



No comments:

Post a Comment