Monday, March 24, 2014

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!

Hello everybody - can I just tell you that 
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

We are already half way through the transfer..can you believe it? Time is still flying. And the snow is still falling. We are supposed to get 45-50 MORE cm next week! Ya insane. 

It has been a good week. 

Monday I had that weird, terrible painful stomach thing again (the one that I had during the movie on thanksgiving - thought my appendix was bursting ahhahaha) yeah it hurt but then passed so by Wednesday I was feeling great again. No need to worry!! Then on tuesday we drove to St. Stephen for district meeting and stayed there all day to do visits with our district leader - it was fun!! And a long day, we were very tired driving back and the roads are SO bumpy - it was an adventure. I kept handing Sister Turner skittles to keep her awake and I kind of felt like my insides were stabbing me each time we hit a bump....oh dear. 

Wednesday we had skype interviews with President! He is so funny and amazing. He is really proud of the work we are doing :) And Thursday we met Jeannette - she is a young mom who requested a bible online so when we delivered it to her she invited us right in and we taught her the Restoration. She loved the message and even invited herself to church. She said she has been searching for the truth and that she knows Heavenly Father will answer her prayers when she finds that right one - I know it too. She is working to stop smoking and has two young daughters.

One thing that is really hard- none of our investigators have cars..no one here really does so getting them to church is somewhat of a challenge but we are working through it!! 

On Friday we went to the Hendrickson's for a birthday lunch (for Elder Skinner and Elder Hendrickson) we wore party hats and the elders taught us how to make homemade tortillas - it was FUN and yummy! We are so blessed to work with such amazing people. On Sunday we got to go into primary - I was Mary Magdalene and told the story of when I saw Christ, when he called out my name. Then I testified that I know he was resurrected and that he lives. The rest of the missionaries acted out a part as well (nephite woman, joseph smith, and thomas) and then we got to sing with them. I miss singing time!!! SOOO that basically sums up the week. Things are going well here in Fredericton. We are working hard and very happy!!!
 
In a talk President Uchtdorf gave last conference he said - 
"Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward." 

I love that. We can make it through any trial and any mistake we make because we have a Savior - who made peace and forgiveness possible. 

President Uchtdorf continues, "We have a champion, a Savior, who walked through the valley of the shadow of dealth on our behalf."  WE ARE SO LUCKY. I was reading in Heleman 3:35 and I felt like I should share it with you - it says, 
"Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yeilding their hearts unto God." 

Like in Meet the Robinson's 
Keep moving forward!! Firm in the faith. With hope in the future. Let us stand strong for what we believe in. Let us be happy. Let us give our whole hearts to God.
 
Have the best week of your lives. I love you and miss you always!
 
Love, Sister G

No comments:

Post a Comment