Monday, April 14, 2014

Fearless Heart



HOLA
Hope all is well. Tell abby that I am so so sorry about her loss. That breaks my heart but I am glad that they are supported by such amazing people. Send my love. And if i had money I would send that too. 

I felt spoiled this week, I received letters from papa and nana, emma, sara (adelide), michelle madsen and two from my amazing DAD!! Thank you for all of your love and support. It truly helps me and inspires me. I love you all. 

This week has been TIRING!!! Sister Broadhead came and visited us (which is really an honor, she went home on friday but she spent her last days in the field with US) she was an AMAZING missionary - we called her the SAP .. "sister assistant to President".. she taught us so much. I literally felt like the weird missionary who followed right behind her all day writing her every word in my planner...

The weather was a bit warmer this week - I was able to wear my orange jacket..I put puffy away for a day (but i'm wearing her again today..it's rainy, the coat is like my skin...I have worn it so much) but SPRING is coming so that is happy.

After our mission wide fast on Monday President wrote telling us about a miracle. He decided that he would be exactly obedient that day so that there would be nothing to prevent him from getting better. The next morning he woke and the shakes were gone, his fever was gone, he felt completely healed. It is amazing. I have gained a strong testimony of fasting on my mission. I know that we are rewarded when we sacrifice something as small as two meals - I have felt so much closer to my Savior. 


We talked to 300 people this week which is a record for me. Though we still did not teach many lessons we did our part which is simply to 

Invite ALL to come unto Christ

It is not easy to talk to strangers all day when many of them don't want to listen..and it takes a lot of energy but I know that I have the message that all of those strangers NEED. 



I will not slow down or give up. I will preach until all know. I am thankful that we are supported in our trials. That through our Savior we can feel so much happiness and so many blessings simply from opening our mouths and bearing sweet sincere testimonies to our brothers and sisters. BUT we were able to teach a few lessons. Summer and Tanya have been coming to young women's and were finally able to meet for a lesson. We taught simply because their knowledge of the Gospel and even Christ is limited but they listened intently and understanding comes over time. We also taught three sweet men from the Congo. We handed them over to the elders but we were able to teach them the first lesson which went well. They are humble and prepared. They love that we don't smoke or drink and they said they knew our message was different because we opened the lesson with a prayer - that helped Sister Turner and I increase our faith because something we learned from Sister Broadhead and Papa's letter was that we MUST pray as soon as we get into a home. The Spirit NEEDS to be there. And it was :)

The title of this letter comes from something dad said to me. He talked about being fearless. That is a characteristic I want to develop. I don't want to just be brave - I want to be fearless. We must be fearless as we share what we know and as we live our beliefs. We can't worry about what the outcome might be - 

we must chose to be fearless...

And then HEART, 
I finished reading the Book of Mormon and in Moroni 7:47-48 we read, 

"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his son, Jesus Christ, that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." 

SO that is what I have been praying for - with all my heart. That i can LOVE the people. The places and the work - every aspect of it. Dad said "pray to love them and pray that they will feel your love" thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement dad - you really do always know what to say. 

I believe this goes along perfectly with the words of our sweet Prophet who said that "love is the essence of the gospel." Our Savior - he is LOVE. The perfect example of all things. I must show that I love him by loving others. I am so thankful for his life, light and love. Especially with Easter approaching I am thankful for the chance to study and ponder on the life of Christ. Mom you said it best - 

"think of all that Christ had to face - and how lonely he was - in the end - but yet he never gave up - and i am so sorry that we so often turn from him when we really should alway be reaching for him - i think of how he could let all those things happen to him - even though he at any moment in the process could have stopped it- the trials, the torture, the turning of his friends from him, and the garden when he asked his friends to stay up and watch and they were so tired and kept falling asleep and then he would come find them asleep and plead with them to stay awake - he never gave up - he never got angry or frustrated - wow how weak am i to do all of those things but also how awesome that we have Christ as our example of one who did it - and one who is hoping with all of his heart that we can make it through this life and return home to him!!"  

He loves us - that is why he is patient. That is why he pleads for us to come unto him and be perfected in him. I hope you all have a HAPPY EASTER. And never forget that our Savior loves you. 

AND I LOVE YOU TOO
Love, Sister Gochnour



saying goodbye to Elder Hunt but we got some great new missionaries this week too!!
splashed with MUD as cars drive by
there is a lot of SNOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment