Monday, April 28, 2014

HAPPY DAY all is well!

HELLOOO from cold and rainy New Brunswick.......   :)

Hope everyone had a good week and hope that you are all happy and healthy - I AM!!

  This week was hard but good like most weeks. We had the BYU Idaho Sinfonietta come to our church (they are travelling around the maritimes) and it was an amazing concert. Most of the people who attended were either non-members or less actives so it was WONDERFUL! We were able to talk to a lot of people and the music was fantastic. 
  We found one new investigator - her name is Tara and she is friends with one of the young women in the ward. She is 16 years old and asked a lot of great questions during our lesson. She was very thoughtful and thankful for the answers we were able to give her. I love questions because this Gospel really answers all of them. She is a baptist and feels like she is on a spiritual journey (visiting many churches to find out which one is true) but hopefully she will soon realize that her journey has ended and that she has found the truth!! 
  Fredericton is a challenging place, these people don't want to change, so many of them tell us, "I'm good, thanks though" ... and we are like "...uh, no sir you are not GOOD." Sometimes I even feel like saying "Ok good luck - with your life." But I don't. Mostly I just feel sorry for them and wish there was more I could say to help them realize the significance of the message we share. 
  This week we had our first official door slammed in our faces. He literally slammed it shut, all we said was "HI" ..then stood there for a minute, we were actually kind of excited about the experience (sadly). 
  AND our shower is broken so instead of enduring cold showers...we have scalding HOT ones..the cold water faucet is broken so we have been using buckets from the sink because otherwise the water would literally burn our skin off...
  BUT, despite the weird weather, the long hours of tracting, the few investigators, the scalding hot showers, the hard people - I can't be sad or frustrated or discouraged because the Lord is on our side. The words to one of my favorite hymns are - Let us all press on in the work of the Lord, that when life is o'er we may gain a reward...FEAR NOT though the enemy deride, COURAGE for the Lord is on our side. We will heed not what the wicked may say but the Lord, alone we will obey!! That inspires me and help me stay strong. I have so much to be grateful for. So many reasons to live and love and smile. 

This week I also studied faith and in my spare time (during lunch and dinner) I read "Our Heritage" which is a brief history of our church. It tells of the faith and determination of the early saints. I am so thankful that when we put our faith in Jesus Christ - we can overcome any trial or hard day. We can have hope in the future. We can rise up and stand tall. I am so thankful that as we exercise our faith it only grows and deepens. I am so thankful for the example of the early Saints who gave everything, endured unrelenting persecutions for this "glorious cause of truth" and I am thankful that I can be out here today - sacrificing and experiencing just a little part of what they went through, what the missionaries in the Book of Mormon went through and what our Jesus Christ, himself went through. 

Take heart. Fight a good fight. I want to live like Jesus did. After all, my voice is His voice and my acts are his acts. I must do what he wants done and say what he wants said. 

I remind myself of this often - LOSE YOURSELF IN THE SERVICE OF OTHERS. IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE. I'm so thankful to be a missionary.

Love you all with my whole heart. Have the best week of your lives!

Love, Sister G

No comments:

Post a Comment