Monday, April 7, 2014

The Road Less Traveled





 So, I am staying here in Fredericton with Sister Turner for another transfer!! We are so excited. We have so much to do and are ready to work hard, to give this work EVERYTHING that we have. We no longer have any investigators but that will not stop us or slow us down. 
Good things are coming - i'm sure of it.
 
We went running this week - we found an indoor track that is free. And I have never been so excited to wake up at 5:45 in the moring to run! I literally jumped out of bed, washed my face, put on my shoes and excitedly ran out the door. We are going to start running every day -  I CAN'T WAIT!! We also got a flat tire on tuesdaynight.. the roads are terrible, covered in HUGE potholes because of the constant freezing and thawing..? So yeah accidently hit one and we had to change our tire, it was dark and wet and the elders were in Halifax for a leadership conference. Sister Turner and I pulled out the car manual and opened the trunk ready to figure it out - we couldn't..so lucky a ward member didn't live too far away and he kindly came to the rescue. We watched and learned. It's cool because I am not only learning spiritual things but TONS of practical things that will help me for the rest of my life - I LOVE IT.
 
We had lunch with Sister Kadish on Friday, she is a cute little old lady in our ward. She is from Austria and sounds like Gru (from Despicable Me) - I love listening to her talk. She lives on a small farm outside the city. Each week she comes in to deliver her homemade bread that she sells for a living. And she always leaves a loaf for the missionaries. Her husband passed away, so she is sad and very lonely but she is also strong and independent. Their story is like UP in reverse. She and her husband bought the house unfinished and they worked hard every summer to fix it up. Then he died but she promised that she wouldn't leave until it was finished. She is working on a bathroom right now but it takes her a long time because she has to save up enough money for the next material or part that she needs but she says it is coming. Sister Kadish has 43 chickens and a little dog named penny. She has a lovely garden (when there is not 8 ft. of snow outside) and she is an incredible member missionary. I love her and will remember her example forever.
 
Conference was sooo amazing!! I hardly slept the night before because I was so excited. We watched it at the church with the elders and 5 other members. I had so many favorite talks and answered prayers. I love knowing that I have much to work on and improve - because then I can do it. We must change and then we can change the world :) During Elder Holland's talk i thought about the poem I memorized in elementary. By Robert Frost. It has stuck with me ever since that day I had to recite it..though I don't remember the exact words, the message is clear. "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood..I took the road less traveled and that has made all the difference." I love that poem. As disciples of Jesus Christ we must walk the road less traveled. We must defend our faith until the end. We must stand up for truth and righteousness even if we have to stand alone.. After conference we went out knocking and my heart was full. I felt so blessed to be a missionary - overcoming my fears and living my faith. I love this church and I know it is true with every fiber of my being. I hold this knowledge so near and dear to my heart. I am so thankful to have the truth, to know that I can live happily ever after with my family!! I am eternally grateful for all that I am learning and experiencing because it is making me better. Preparing me for my future. I love the Lord. In him my soul delights.
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU
Love, Me


The Road Not Taken

BY ROBERT FROST
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment